[mythtv-users] 0.15.1 won't change channels when recording...

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Fri Aug 13 05:32:36 EDT 2004

> way, except one:  the backend simply refuses to change the
> channel when
> recording something I've scheduled.  The frontend changes channel no
> problem.

Sounds like a permissions issue. Assuming your not running lirc, does the
user running the backend have permission to 1) access the program/script?,
2) access the com port? Check to see if the backend user is a member of the
UUCP group. Running lirc? Sorry, cant help there (I hate lirc). What happens
if you manually run the script from the backend user account?

Bill