[mythtv-users] Hacked XBOX for sale (running mythtv...)

Obrien, Haskell W. obrienh at more.net
Thu Aug 12 14:46:26 EDT 2004

The bills are eating me alive, so I'm clearing out toys.

XBOX purchased this year, with 2 controllers (one off brand), extension
cable and dvd playback remote.

I soldered the bridge points on the motherboard and flashed the bios
with the Xecuter bios.  Installed evoX dashboard.  Installed Xebian on
the leftover 2gb or so of the hard drive that the xbox doesn't use.
Installed mythtv on that.
To boot xebian/mythtv, I just insert the xebian boot cd.
Plays games fine as well.
As with any xbox booting from a hacked bios, you'll probably get kicked
if you try to use it with xbox live. (I never do.)

Also, I went ahead and stuck in a blue LED on the power button while I
had it open.

Lesse...

Say $185, I'll ship it ups.  All the work is done, just configure mythtv
using ssh.