[mythtv-users] PVR350, ivtvdev_drv, ckennedy drivers and cant use framebuffer

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Wed Aug 11 15:55:37 EDT 2004

Ohhhh, where to begin.

I've got a PVR350 in my machine and can play back video on it.  I have the
ckennedy patched drivers for 100, and I have tried 101.

Now I am trying to set up my OSD using the framebuffer so the mythtv screens
will go out over the PVR350's tv out.

I've got it all set up for dual screens but have run into a few problems.
I've been through gossamer all day and am really just more confused than
before.

First I tried just running the fbdev driver for X like I did last time.  When
I try this I get a message:

"Cannot run in framebuffer mode. Please specify busIDs for all framebuffer
devices"

Okay, I only have one fbdrv and I am specifying a bus id for it (I have
checked so many times...)

The actual output from lspci is 0000:00:0f.0

I have tried all the combinations, and the only one that gets me past this
message is BusID "PCI:00:15:0"  ... BusID "00:0x0f:0" is not recognized.

Anyway, that way rewards me with
(EE) FBDEV(1): mmap fbmem: Invalid argument
(EE) FBDEV(1): Map vid mem failed

So I looked around and I saw some info about how the newer ivtv drivers won't
allow direct fb access, and to use ivtvdev_drv instead of fbdev

Well, this gives me:

(II) LoadModule: "ivtvdev_drv"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ivtvdev_drv.o
(EE) LoadModule: Module ivtvdev_drv does not have a ivtvdev_drvModuleData data
bject.
(II) UnloadModule: "ivtvdev_drv"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ivtvdev_drv.o
(EE) Failed to load module "ivtvdev_drv" (invalid module, 0)

Well thats just ducky....  I have no idea what some of this stuff means.

If anyone has a clue, please let me know!

GAH!

--

Bill Chmura

w. http://www.fistfullofcode.com
w. http://www.explosivo.com

Without good motivation, science and technology, instead of helping, bring
more fear and threaten global destruction. Compassionate thought is very
important for humankind.
-His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Wisdom does not mean knowledge but experiential understanding. Wisdom helps
you to change radically your habits and perceptions, as you discover the
constantly changing, interconnected nature of the whole of existence.
-Martine Batchelor, "Meditation For Life"