[mythtv-users] could not connect to the master backend server

Chris Strom mythtv at eeeCooks.com
Wed Aug 11 13:51:16 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 02:47:53PM +0100, Jonathan Stoneman wrote:
> During the setup of the frontend server, I was asked for the IP of the
> MySQL server, but I don't recall being asked for the IP of the backend
> server.  I've not found anywhere to set it in the MythTV settings
> section or in the settings table of the mythconverg database.  Google
> has not been my friend this time either.

You set this during configuration of the *backend* server. See the
"General" section in:

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.1

If you've done it correctly, then you *should* have something in the
settings table in mythconverg:

mysql> select * from settings where value='MasterServerIP';
| value          | data         | hostname |
| MasterServerIP | 127.0.0.1    | NULL     |
1 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Your data value should be something other than 127.0.0.1 since you're
running a separate frontend.

-Chris