[mythtv-users] Pundit

Charlie Brej brejc8 at vu.a.la
Mon Aug 9 18:42:02 EDT 2004

Steven wrote:
> I've had a few passing trough my hands recently and most are very quiet
> but some aren't. Must be something with the fans but couldn't figure out
> what. 6 out of 8 systems i've seen the harddisk was the noiseiest part.
> I can also say that pundit-r systems make more noise than the original
> model. They even released a bios upgrade for this but it is still louder.

I think I have seen the same thing. I have two friends who both have copied my
pundit spec exactly. One seems fine but the other friend complains that his CPU
fan is noisy. I assumed that was because he likes to poke the fan and slow it
down to see the temperature change but maybe it is a manufacturer defect. My
pundit is very quiet and even my LB (Liquid Bearing) drive is the loudest thing
in the machine.

--
         Charlie Brej
APT Group, Dept. Computer Science, University of Manchester