[mythtv-users] Pundit SIS video goodness and audio question

Scott catfather at donpoo.net
Sun Aug 8 10:47:54 EDT 2004

On Aug 7, 2004, at 8:27 PM, Jon Whitear wrote:
> If you're passing your audio out of the SP/DIF, surely it doesn't
> matter
> what sampling rate your sound card has - you're doing no processing on
> the sound, just passing out of the SP/DIF for your A/V receiver to
> decode.

I see your point but I'm not sure it's accurate. I agree that in
passthrough mode no processing should happen by the audio card DACs but
there still may be a driver limitation for a 48kHz card on what source
signals can be passed?

I've done some more testing and can confirm that I'm seeing 5.1 (DTS /
DD) and 6.1 (DD-EX / DTS-ES) on my A/V receiver when playing DVDs in
xine and telling xine to pass the audio output through the optical
connection on the front of the pundit.

I haven't found any two channel DD 92kHz sources to test with yet
though. I suppose it would help if I knew the audio specs of DVD-Video
:)

--
Scott