[mythtv-users] MythWeather small bug to report

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Aug 7 00:38:52 EDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 09:01:28AM -0400, Jeff C wrote:
> On the topic of MythWeather, I love the feature but my location isn't
> supported at all.  :S  I was wondering if there is any active development on
> MythWeather and whether or not there is any interest in moving to a site
> like Weather Underground which supports airport codes for lookups...
>
> http://www.weatherunderground.com

That site seems more accurate for non-US weather than the current
source, at least for Melbourne Australia. That is, the current
temperature matches what our government forecaster (www.bom.gov.au)
currently reports.

Unfortunately the 5-day forecast seems to have no correlation to
the official forecast at all. Pure fantasy even!

Ideally there'd be something like xmltv for weather, allowing
people to write grabbers for local data. The bom.gov.au site is
always best for Australia, for example, and it doesn't make much
sense to be hitting US web sites for local weather.

Hamish