[mythtv-users] FTA Satellite Receivers -- Satellite Alignment

Paul Harvey paulharvey at myrealbox.com
Sat Aug 7 00:23:50 EDT 2004

Clay wrote:

>Paul:
>
>What sats are you trying to hit?  I've got mine pointing at Dish Network.  I
>have my notes and a list of links at the office if you want me to send them
>your way.  A friend and I had mine mounted and aligned in about 10 minutes.
>
>clay

I've tried several of the FTA DVB satellites.  Galaxy10R is the primary
one, but I've tried Telestar5 and a couple others as well.  Their signal
is not as strong as the Dish and DirecTv, so that is contributing to the
problem, along with not knowing what I'm doing, and being a bit
impatient, wanting it to work.  :)

I was going to spend the afternoon working on it, but got up too early
this morning and didn't feel like standing out by a dish trying to align
it (plus it was raining...).  I plan on working on it more on Sunday.