[mythtv-users] btaudio modprobe.conf

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Aug 6 17:02:35 EDT 2004

Tyler Whitney wrote:

>can somebody tell me how to take these modules.conf lines and make
>them work in modprobe.conf?
>
>"alias sound-slot-1      btaudio
>alias sound-service-1-0 btaudio
>
>pre-install btaudio modprobe snd-emu10k1"

The alias command works the same, but pre-install is different.  Therefore,

alias sound-slot-1 btaudio
alias sound-service-1-0 btaudio
install btaudio /sbin/modprobe snd-emu10k1; /sbin/modprobe
--ignore-install btaudio

should work.  It says, before installing btaudio, run my command.  My
command installs snd-emu10k1 and then installs btaudio, but to prevent
an endless loop, when installing btaudio, I specify that modprobe should
ignore any "install" commands in my modprobe.conf.  See man
modprobe.conf for more info.

>After that do i just load the module from /etc/rc.d/rc.local?

That would work, but your distro probably has a better solution.  For
that, your best bet is to post on a forum for your distro--each distro
does things differently.

Mike