[mythtv-users] no audio with bt878

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Aug 5 22:03:28 EDT 2004

Tyler Whitney wrote:
> i tryed turning up the volume on my capture slider and i think i'm
> making progress...instead of no noise i just get static with clicks.
> I tryed turning the volume down but it still happens.
>
> Any suggestions?

Well, you can plug headphones or speakers directly into the
audio out of the tuner card to be sure that there is sound there
but thats probably okay if if you hear sound with xawtv. Plug
the patch cable back in from the tuner card audio out to the
sound card line in. If you plug into AUX or Mic, then you need
to use the AUX or Mic as the item to select for CAPTUR.

Gerd wrote a tool called "record" that is included with xawtv.
If you have the capture device set correctly and run "record"
you should see ascii level meters that show the right and left
record levels.

Other things to look for: some ALSA dirvers have a "Line" and
a "Line-in" that are two different things. Try them both. Some
drivers like SoundBlaster Live! have other "Capture" sliders
that need to be turned up also such as "Wave Cap", "AC97 Cap",
etc. Turn these up. If it then works, turn them down one at a
time to find out which ones matter and which ones don't.

--  bjm

                       CAPTUR      CAPTUR
  +--+        +--+     L+MM+R      L+--+R
  |  |        |  |      |  |        |  |
  |  |        |  |      |  |        |  |
Master  ...  PCM  ...  Line  ... <Capture>