[mythtv-users] Re: Doc updates.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 5 19:15:57 EDT 2004

Bruce Markey wrote:

> Mike, since you're leading the league in percentage of replies
> sent with a correct answer and total correct answers sent and

What a generous way of saying I'm spending way too much time on this
list and that I'm a good guesser.  Or, maybe you realize that I made a
huge number of mistakes when setting up my system, so I have a lot of
experience mapping symptoms to problems.  :)

> now you're sending more links to previous answers, have you
> considered sending doc updates for common issues?

Actually, no, I hadn't.  I had sent a couple of very minor corrections
and one section on mtd, but figured I had a lot more to learn before I
could really contribute.

> The HOWTO
> is the result of contribution by Robert (mostly 8-), you, me
> and many others. By clarifying the HOWTO it should cut down
> some of the common questions and can provide you with a link to
> send for a common answer.

Definitely a plus.

> Updates can be sent as diffs against
> docs/mythtv-HOWTO.sgml , plain text, or a general suggestion
> of something that should be added or fixed.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-1.html#ss1.6

I'll keep that in mind and look for opportunities to contribute.

Mike