[mythtv-users] OT: Tivo Users Can, So Can MythTV users?

Geoff at Hundekeandroyal dot com mythtv at hundekeandroyal.com
Thu Aug 5 13:51:33 EDT 2004

Chris Petersen wrote:

  > But mythtv *is* innovating.  The innovation just happens to be coming
> from areas other than the "share files easily with friends" department.
>
> -Chris

Chris, sorry for the tone of my E-mail. It's obvious to me that MythTV
has fundamentally changed the way people (well at least me) view
computers and TV.  It truly is the Mythological convergence of many
different technologies.  I certainly didn't mean to take anything away
from the dev's that have worked so selflessly and so hard and created
something quite astonishing.  I only meant to address the "forward
looking" aspect.  What's next?

"File Sharing" has become, much to the delight of the RIAA, MPAA and NFL
;), a buzz word.  The mere mention of it now, thanks to aforementioned
parties, well... you get the drift.  We should be able to share, and
that sharing should include files.