[mythtv-users] OT: Tivo Users Can, So Can MythTV users?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Aug 5 12:44:47 EDT 2004

> I don't want to have to buy 2 PVR-250's, and two tuner boxes (for
> satellite) to record two shows at the same time.

But if you're not paying for that second tuner box, then you WOULD be
getting something you're not paying for.  The sat company makes its
money by you paying for that second receiver and the ability to watch
more shows at the same time.  If you're just grabbing them from friends,
then you're watching beyond the means you are paying for.

> If projects like MythTV *won't* (as opposed to *can't*) innovate and
> create, well, that's just what "they" want.  We've given it to them.
> Because where else will it come from? MSFT?  Not bloody likely.

But mythtv *is* innovating.  The innovation just happens to be coming
from areas other than the "share files easily with friends" department.

-Chris