[mythtv-users] 2 quick Q's - best PVR-350 price and does MythGame work with TV out on PVR-350?

Darryl Okahata darrylo at soco.agilent.com
Thu Aug 5 12:14:13 EDT 2004

Dave Bush <statman at twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> With this in mind - what do you think? Should I back it down to a PVR-250
> and spend time messing with getting DVD's, etc. to display correctly on
> the TV through the S-Video port or is the TV out on the PVR-350 probably
> just as good or better than what I have now?

     Watching recorded TV is the only thing the PVR-350 is good for.
Although the PVR-350's TV out is very nice, TV out from a video card can
approach (or equal?) PVR-350 quality.  I don't know if the Shuttle XPC's
TV out is any good, however.  Note that the TV out quality seems to vary
widely between video cards; some are really nice, and others are really
bad.

     You'll also spend much time messing with the PVR-350 to get DVDs,
etc., to even play "reasonably" well.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco.agilent.com