[mythtv-users] Wireless Keyboards

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 11:16:37 EDT 2004

On Thursday 05 August 2004 05:31, Thomas M. Pluth wrote:
> So question, do mythTV users run with wireless keyboards and if so
> what are you using? Is RF preferable to IR?
>
> Terrence
>
> I use a Gyration RF keyboard and mouse and it works great.

I'll second that with one caveat:  beware Gyration's quality control.
My first unit died after a week; I RMA'd it, they 'repaired' it and
sent it back, only to have it die again a week later.  The second time
I RMA'd it, they 'lost' the unit and sent me a different one, which has
been going for almost a year now.

I mainly use an IR remote, but having a small keyboard/mouse handy is
very useful (especially for MythGame).

-JAC