[mythtv-users] Problem with "Jump Ahead" feature - KnoppMyth R4V4

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Thu Aug 5 06:49:49 EDT 2004

Blammo[doh] wrote:

>Several things were wrong. (Note to KnoppMyth devs, love your distro, please
>read the following carefully)

>1. Skip-networking enabled on the backend. This meant MySQL wasn't evening
>listening for outside connections
>2. /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt and /usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt both have to be
>modified with the correct Backend hostname/IP address
What should I read carefully?  Instructions for setting up the backend
have been up on my forum for quite some time and no one else has
reported problems.

/etc/mythtv/mysql.txt isn't looked at by Myth(I think I just placed it
there as a backup...).  mysql.txt need to in in /usr/share/mythtv/ or
~/.mythtv.  While KnoppMyth does try and make  the process easy, one
still needs to read documentation.