[mythtv-users] TV-Out horizontal bar artifact

DTR dtr at edenforge.com
Wed Aug 4 20:40:11 EDT 2004

Well for some reason my machine suddenly developed a strange display
artifact that wasn't there before.  I see this faded horizontal bar
which slowly sweeps up the screen over and over again when running
TV-Out -> S-video -> TV set...   very annoying.

At first I thought it was some parameter I had changed in mythtv but
then I realized it starts right away during POST so I guess it's lower
level than that.

I originally had my mythtv box running through my reciever for both
video and sound so I tried plugging it directly into my TV... no dice.
  I tried a different S-video cable thinking perhaps the cable was
bad... no luck.   I thought perhaps something had happened to my onboard
MX-440 TV-Out so I threw a radeon 9800 in there and used the TV-Out on
that... exact same hoizontal band running up the screen.

I was wondering if it might be some sort of interference but if so I
can't figure out what might be causing it.   Like I mentioned before
this box was working perfectly for a month straight before this appeared.

Any ideas?

DTR