[mythtv-users] PVR-250 Composite Input

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Wed Aug 4 18:39:17 EDT 2004

Paul Barker wrote:

> I have a scart to composite + 2 audio cable and a 2 audio to jack
> converter. I have tested the cable by plugging it into the sat box and
> the A/V inputs on my TV and it works fine.
>
> However, when I plug the cable into the PVR-250 I get sound but no video
> just a black screen.

I have this line in my init scripts:
         /usr/local/bin/ivtvctl -v input=3,output=1
but I'm not 100% certain that it is necessary. (or even correct)

What did work was to press 'c' on your keyboard/remote
That cycles through the inputs.   I believe whatever input you leave it
on, Myth remembers it.

This works with my Freestyle PVR-250.   I'm using a digital cable
receiver connected to my composite input.

-WD