[mythtv-users] maxnewest | maxepisodes | autoexpire

Chris Strom mythtv at eeeCooks.com
Wed Aug 4 13:27:57 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 10:15:16AM -0600, John Patrick Poet wrote:
> > Is there a reason that autoexpire could not be overloaded to apply to
> > both disk space needs and maxepisodes?
>

> For this problem, I think a "Preserve Episode" flag should be added.
>
> I think it would be best to leave the "autoexpire" mechanism alone.
> Although, the "autoexpire" would probably have to be updated to look at the
> "Preserve Episode" flag.

Just to play devil's advocate, why?  Aren't both cases "auto expiring" a
recording, but for different reasons?  Perhaps this wouldn't be
overloading autoexpire.  Rather it would be broadening its application to
apply to all cases of auto-expiration.  In that sense, autoexpire could
then be thought of as the inverse of "Preserve Episode".

Chris