[mythtv-users] LiveTV and Recording

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 4 12:29:29 EDT 2004

Rudy Zijlstra wrote:

> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Linux 2.6 true headless (no keyboard, mouse, or monitor and no
>> support for them in the kernel)?  If so, did you have to do anything
>> to get around a BIOS that won't boot without them (i.e. VGA dummy
>> (http://www.modasylum.com/guides.php?guide=18 ) or keyboard dummy
>> (anyone know of a good design for one)) or are you lucky enough to
>> have a smart (or should I say complacent) BIOS?
>
> Any server mobo will support that. Many of the better  workstation
> mobos also have no trouble.

True, and nice if I'm buying new hardware to use as a server, but I'm
trying to use old "desktop PC's" for light-duty servers (fast enough for
the purpose, less power-hungry than current systems, and less heat
production).  It's annoying having to plug a keyboard/mouse/video into
my systems to boot them up.  (My P100MMX actually doesn't require
video--it just beeps *really* loud without it--but my K6-2/380 does
require video.)

Mike