[mythtv-users] Motherboard without DMA issues?

Darryl Okahata darrylo at soco.agilent.com
Wed Aug 4 12:16:30 EDT 2004

BP <lists at qucae.com> wrote:

> I couldn't disagree more about the nVidia chipset.  I had nothing but
> problems.  Only way I could record with my PVR250 was to underclock the
> memory and disable APIC, ACPI, APM and not run Athcool.

     You probably had hardware problems, or a bad motherboard.  Lots of
people have had success with NVidia motherboards, and some (many?) have
also had success with VIA-based motherboards.  I'm using two
motherboards with VIA southbridges (which can give problems), and one
NVidia-based motherboard, and they're all working fine with mythtv.
The only problems I had were with the two motherboards with VIA
southbridges: while installing mythtv via the knoppmyth install CDROM, I
got intermittent CDROM read errors (forcing me to redo the install from
scratch).  However, once installed, mythtv's been working well.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo at soco.agilent.com