[mythtv-users] About Assembling a MythTV Box

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Tue Aug 3 13:33:35 EDT 2004

>    - Do I need a CPU fan for the CPU in the pundit?

Yes/No.  Yes, you need a fan, but no, you don't need to buy one.  The
Pundit comes with a custom fan assembly and a shroud to direct air out
of the case, so you can't use the standard fan that comes with a retail
Intel CPU.

>    - Is Celeron 2.0GHz good enough or should I prefer Pentiums?

It's plenty.  The smaller L1 cache of the Celeron means that commercial
flagging will take a little longer than if you had a P4, but I've found
that it's not that big a deal.

>    - Any other hardware I need to get for this? I believe a simple
> remote comes with the Hauppauge.

Yes, you should get a remote if you order a retail Hauppauge.

Don't forget audio cables to go from the sound card to your TV/stereo.