[mythtv-users] Quick and dirty workaround

Matt Morgan matt at jiffycomp.com
Mon Aug 2 18:24:50 EDT 2004

I haven't had time to work on my problems getting my IR Blaster to work
with my Scientific Atlanta 2100 cable box. Other people have succeeded,
and I'm sure I will one day. Until then, I hoped I could record shows
semi-manually, just by tuning the SA2100 myself to the right channel
ahead of time. The thing is, mythtv then tunes itself to the channel the
scheduled recording is on. Since it needs to stay on channel 3, I get
snow for the recording.

I tried going into the video source and setting the external channel
changing program to /usr/local/bin/change_channel.sh. It won't work, but
I figured it would at least keep mythtv from changing its own channel.
But it didn't work. How can I keep mythtv from trying to control the
channel internally?

Thanks,
Matt