[mythtv-users] Schedule Recordings With Web Phone

joe buckshin jbuckshin at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 16:18:12 EDT 2004

>14:09 02/08/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>>I was thinking a nice feature to have in MythTV
would be a small web
>>interface that would play nice with my cellphone. I
am always
>>somewhere and I see a show I want to record but I
forget about it. It
>>would be nice to have a small page that would be
compatible (i.e. very
>>very light) page that my cellphone could go to so I
could just enter a
>>channel number and a start and stop time.

>I've never used it, but MythWeb has a WAP interface
>"theme", as well as a "compact" theme for dinky
browsers.

The WAP theme will not work with most phones because
that theme uses HTML.

I recently wrote an unofficial "WML" theme for MythWeb
that allows me to do the basic functions on my phone.
If you'd like to test it out the files and basic
instructions are here:
http://www.9after9.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=6

Joe