[mythtv-users] S/PDIF + ALSA + Shuttle SB61G2

David George david at thegeorges.us
Mon Aug 2 14:42:23 EDT 2004

On 8/2/2004 1:59 PM, John Sturgeon wrote:

> Zachary Bedell wrote:
>
>> I don't actually use Myth as a DVR.  (got a D-Tivo, and not willing
>> to sacrifice pure digital-to-drive.  If only I could find a DTV tuner
>> PCI card =)  I have a feeling that a similar hack may be necessary to
>> force MythTV to output sound to this card.
>
> Is there a reason why this card: http://www.pchdtv.com/ doesn't work
> for you?

I'm not the original poster, but D-Tivo and DTV in his case is Directv.
There is no such thing as a Directv tuner PCI card (I wish there was).
It really would be nice to have "pure digital-to-drive" for Directv.  So
I use both Myth (using a PVR-250 capturing svideo) and my Direc-Tivo.

I do also have a pcHDTV card for receiving terrestrial digital TV
broadcasts (some HD some SD).
--
David