[mythtv-users] UK xmltv grab and videoplus

David myth at dgreaves.com
Mon Aug 2 11:01:51 EDT 2004

Charlie Brej wrote:
> David wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm having problems with the tv_grab_uk_rt grabber - the RT have
>> started including videoplus codes in the description which seems to be
>> affecting duplicate detection.
>>
>> Is this affecting anyone else and is anyone aware of any work to fix
>> this?
>>
>> David
>

> Yes it is but I only just now noticed the duplicate detection going wrong.
> Anyway here is a patch for tv_grab_uk_rt that gets rid of the problem.

Thanks - and here's some perl DBI script that can remove videoplus info
from descriptions. (also sent to the xmltv list but probably more
relevant here in retrospect)

For Myth 0.15.1

I suggest stopping the mythbackend process before running it
A reschedule will occur when you restart.
I didn't do this and it appeared to have cached much of the information.
A restart significantly reduced the number of upcoming recordings!!

Use at your own risk :)

David