[mythtv-users] NO recording problem

Andreas Mautsch amautsch at gmx.de
Mon Aug 2 06:45:51 EDT 2004

Hello,
i went into some troubles using the recording funktion and LIVETV of
MythTV.
I posted the message below to the threads of Knoppmyth, but out there
nobody seems to care.
So I hope  that somebody can help me out there.
Meanwhile i upgraded the System to 0.15, but i still got the same problem.

----

Hello,

i know that this question has been asked a 1000 times, but i did not
find an approp. answer for my problem.

The problem is, that i cannot watch tv nor record anything.

I get this error msgs when trying on of the above, as a lot of other
people had :

04-02-14 09:25:12 ReadStringList timeout (quick).
2004-02-14 09:25:12 Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION:
2004-02-14 09:25:12 Changing from None to None
2004-02-14 09:25:24 Connecting to backend server: 192.168.0.100:6543
(try 1 of 1)

I tried anything and read a lot of posts here, but it did not cure my
problem.

My configuration is the following :

- KNoppmyth 0.14
- tv_grad_de_tvtoday (germany)
- amd duron 800
- geforce 2 mx mit nv drivers

I did not install any new components of mythtv, so i wonder where the
version error comes from.
Xawtv btw works, without any problems, and from my eyes, everything
seems to be installed correctly.

Any help out there ?

thanks in advance