[mythtv-users] Commercial Blocker?

Mike Diehl (Encrypted email preferred) mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Thu Apr 29 17:18:08 EDT 2004

On Thursday 29 April 2004 03:07 pm, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > So you are telling me that the commercial blocker is THAT good?  I've
> > just started building my MythTV box and am very intrigued about the
> > commercial blocker.
> The flagger is about 90% accurate for me (some channels are better -
> food network is better than scifi, which is better than fox).  I still
> edit out all of my commercials by hand (takes about 30-45 seconds per
> show for me to do) if I'm going to archive the show.  otherwise, the
> flag points are generally accurate enough to hit the "skip" button and
> jump to the next block of commercials.

Wow!  I can't wait to get my box running.  That could reduce the amount of
"time" I spend watching TV.  I wonder how effectively it could be used on the
evening news to filter out the weather and sports segments....

- --
gpg key: http://diehlnet.com/~mdiehl/mdiehl.asc
83AD D927 758D 4BFC A800 0277 4B26 75A4 F0D1 C7EB

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)