[mythtv-users] I'm losed with Mythtv

Bruno Seoane bleedinge at terra.es
Tue Apr 27 21:03:56 EDT 2004

Hi,

> I'm in Spain and I trying to configure a dvb-s card in linux, I tried
> mplayer dvb:// and works fine, but I don't know how to configure this card
> into Mythtv, can Mythtv configure a program guide of astra, someone can
> long explain please.

Well, I have that setup working partially (I'm currently using VDR for DVB-S
and MythTV for DVB-T) here in Spain.

What's stopping me to switch from VDR to MythTV also for D+ is the fact that I
still have to figure out how to use my D+ subscription card with my phoenix
card reader (I don't own a CA adapter and neither I do have a seca2
compatible ci module).

Anyways, It shouldn't be that hard if you have the ci module (aston for
example) and the subscription card.

First of all you have to add a capture card using mythtv-setup (2. Capture
Cards), then just add a Video Source (this will be your xmltv channel info
source) and finally connect the Capture Card to the Video Source.

When you are done, take the channel listing (get it from lyngsat.com) and
start to add channels, since mythtv won't add them for you.

I know this is a really short guide, but it's really hard to explain
everything, step by step... If you get stuck at some point, just write again,
and we'll try to help.

--
Bruno Seoane