[mythtv-users] mythweb/mythfilldatabase without mythtv?

James Orr james at orrwhat.net
Mon Apr 19 18:16:30 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm currently running 3 computers, one frontend, one backend and a third
computer which has the database.  This is because the backend may not
always be available, but the database machine will be.

The database machine has no myth components installed at all except for
the database.

What I would like to do is run mythfilldatabase on the database computer
instead of the backend, what would I need to do to set that up?  The
database machine does not have X installed and i'd like to keep it that
way.

The database machine also serves as a web server on our local network.
I don't really want to run apache on the backend, is it possible to run
mythweb without having any other myth components on that machine?

All three machines run gentoo.

--
James Orr <james at orrwhat.net>