AW: [mythtv-users] How is personal setup stored?

Julian Edwards ed at
Wed Apr 14 08:43:15 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 10:45, Bathelt, Manfred wrote:
> Well, this is because of some applications accessing data, like syslog and mysql do, and the kernel flushing the disk caches.
> You can configure the behaviour of the disk caches somewhere, or kill the bdflush deamon at all to stop flushing when not necessary.
> Manfred

I understand the disk cache.

Since it only does it when mythfrontend is running I can only assume
that mythfrontend is writing or reading from disk twice a second.  My
question still stands - why does it need to do this when sat there at
the main menu?
Julian Edwards