[mythtv-users] problems switching channels (maybe because of mythfilldatabase erros)

Erwin van der Koogh mythtv at koogh.com
Tue Apr 13 10:00:36 EDT 2004

Hi guys,

Thanks for a great package, it's not often you get to see open-source
applications which actually look slick :-)

But I am having some problems switching channels. The card is set up and
works like a charm. I am able to use ptune.pl to change the channel to
something and then watch it with MythTV.

The problem is that I am unable to change the channel to something else.

I read that the root cause might be the mythfilldatabase script, as I live
in the Netherlands I had to run a mythfilldatabase --manual and filled it
in, trying it out with only 3 channels E9 (Nederland 1), E11 (Nederland 2)
and E7 (Nederland 3). That generates a whole bunch of duplicate key errors,
but when I look in the database (or in Myth) the information is in there,
including channel information in the mythtv-setup channel editor.

Frequencies are set to europe-west. I have been through numerous websites
with no avail.

My setup:

Hauppage 350
AMD 2700+
Nvidea (reasonable new, can't remember model)
KnoppMyth R4V2

I have downloaded and installed Video::Frequences and Video::ivtv from
ivtv.sourceforge.net and Config::IniFiles from cpan to get ptune.pl working.

I have edited /etc/mythtv/modules/ivtv to include some PAL instructions
that I found on the web, but that's it.

Any pointers would be appreciated and if you need more info, please let me
know, I couldn't find anything in my search across the web.

Thanks in advance,

Erwin