[mythtv-users] Re: ASUS Digimax Barebones

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Apr 1 04:08:57 EST 2004

On Mar 31, 2004, at 23:36, Chris Petersen wrote:

>> Unless Asus is releasing drivers, esp for the hdtv tuner portion,
>> it would be a brick under Linux.
>
> what hdtv tuner?  The tuner is the same kind as the avermedia/pvr-250 -
> only the output is hdtv (probably just a dvi port)

I don't even think its a hardware-encoding tuner, but I could be wrong.
As for output, it does DVI, S-Video and Component Video (can't recall
if it also does composite).

Chris, check out ComputerStop if you ever want to see one in the flesh,
they have 'em in stock and on display (at least the one up the road
from me in Bellevue does).

> According to users, everything works except:
>
> front panel (LCD, buttons, volume knob)
> remote
>
> (or did I forget something?)

Does the card reader work now?