[mythtv-users] myth on a plasma screen, via VGA output

Michael Kim mike at uitlive.com
Tue Sep 30 18:48:02 EDT 2003

My Pioneer PDP 502-MX just died the other day... but while it was
working, it worked perfectly with X.  In fact I installed Redhat 9 using
the plasma and it recognized the monitor model.

There's a setting on the TV that stretches 4:3 image out to the edges.
I don't notice any distortion except in those tickers that run under the
CNN and MSNBC.  They look wide at the edges and get narrower towards the
middle.

A word of caution... a plasma is just a big monitor.  I was lucky enough
to get mine as a gift, but still spent tons of money on cables,
speakers, receiver, etc.  Mine didn't even come with a power cord.  Not
to mention the $1200 repair estimate I got today.

Even after all this... I love it!

Regards,
Mike