[mythtv-users] channel changing speed, is 3 seconds normal?

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Tue Sep 30 12:14:50 EDT 2003

Are you using some form of IR Blaster, or a serial connection to the directv
box?  At least for a serial control, I really don't think the external
changer is the bottleneck.  (But then if those using a builtin tuner have
fast channels, then I guess I'm completely wrong).  If I change channels on
the command-line using my serial control the change is very fast.  So this
operation shouldn't be slow when handled by Myth either.

- Willy