[mythtv-users] Quick mythvideo question

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Tue Sep 30 11:44:41 EDT 2003

On Sunday September 28, 2003 12:13 pm, thor wrote:
> On Saturday 27 September 2003 09:32 pm, Ian Forde wrote:
> > What's the default directory searched for finding cover art when in
> > the "Edit Video Information" screen?
>
> 	It starts in your mythvideo directory, builds a tree of all image
> files in all subdirectories, and then shows you the first leaf node
> of that tree of image files.

How is this related to the cover images in .mythtv/MythVideo (put there
by the imdb search)?  That is where all of my cover images are today.
I wasn't aware of the "Edit Video Information" screen until recently and
had been manually adding the cover art to .mythtv/MythVideo and
putting it into the database.

Why aren't those images placed in the mythvideo directory along with
the videos, since that's where you say that "Edit Video Info" looks for
cover art?  Why are there two locations for this?  Would that explain
why I have no cover files shown in mythweb?

Thanks,

Bob C.