[mythtv-users] Audio Problem: Chipmunk effects

Scott Clark mythtv-users at myaddiction.org
Tue Sep 30 03:19:47 EDT 2003

I am having audio problems. Last night I grabbed the latest source from
cvs and compiled and installed. No problems. I woke up today, couldn't
connect to the backend remotely so I checked, a wire got loose on my
switch so the mythbackend box didn't have communication with the mysql
server for who knows how many hours. I didn't notice it did any harm, all
shows I wanted were recorded.

When I sat down to watch some TV there was a problem, CHIPMUNK audio.
Sound was playing at 44100Hz when I have audioratelimit set to 32000Hz in
the database. Live-TV & Recordings were both experiencing the chipmunk
effect.

videodevice: /dev/video
audiodevice: /dev/dsp2
audioratelimit: 32000

I am using btaudio and I haven't had any problems with my configuration in
months. The only two things I can think of that I did was updating to the
latest cvs and the network cable getting unplugged.

I don't believe the problem to be soundcard related. I tested with sox and
dsp2(btaudio's digital device) was working fine.