[mythtv-users] mythlcd, complains about port settings not present in db...

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 19:04:38 EDT 2003

Just did a CVS update and thought I would check out the mythlcd so I set it
to compile. I installed lcdproc and turned on the server LCDd, then went to
/mythtv/programs/mythlcd and ran ./mythlcd. It then asked if I had added
port info into the db using a cvs update on the db. umm hmm ?? I tried
running /mythtv/database/mysql -u mythtv -p < mc.sql and it said table
mythconverg already exists.

Still no luck so I edited the main.cpp file of mythlcd set my own port and
localhost, recompiled it and launched it. I then receive could not connect
to LCDproc or something because permission denied.. but I did get the X
window with the buttons on it ie Time, Push Me, Channels, Exit. I'm thinking
it probably grabs the port info from the db multiple times and I just
bypassed the check part. So am I not updating my db right, are we supposed
to with cvs recently, or has mythlcd been forgotten about? Anyway, I don't
understand why it's an X window to begin with I though by using remotely we
can use it through ssh/putty just in console mode like lcdproc/LCDd does.

Anyway I'm thinking about buying an lcd display so if someone can steer me
in the right direction about these errors, that would be great, thx.