[mythtv-users] Newbie mythweb stop apache

paulsykes at totalise.co.uk paulsykes at totalise.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 01:15:10 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've installed mythtv suite using ATrpms and Jarod Wilson's install guide.

mythtv suite installed fine and I have everything up and running.  Feeling brave
I decided to enable mythweb using the following commands from the guide:-

# /sbin/chkconfig httpd on
# /sbin/service httpd start

this sets apache to auto-start on boot and switches it on.

I would like to stop apache for security reasons until I can work out how to
change the port number.

Can anybody please tell me how switch apache off and stop it from auto-starting?

thanks,
Paul

---- Message sent via Totalise Webmail - http://www.totalise.co.uk/