[mythtv-users] OSS -vs- ALSA sound

David Meiser demeiser at csbsju.edu
Mon Sep 29 17:36:13 EDT 2003

"Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I'd swear I was unable to use the digital
coax output on my Audigy with OSS. "

This was/is absolutely correct.  I'll stick to my guns on this one:  the
best support for any sound card comes with ALSA.  This is especially
true with the SB Live/Audigy/Audigy2 series (EMU10K1-based) cards.  If
you find the controls confusing in alsamixer, user alsamixergui, kmix,
gmix, aumix, or any one of hundreds of mixers.  The basic controls are
still the same, honest.

Peace,
DAVE