[mythtv-users] Installation problems

Randy simpsonr at negia.net
Mon Sep 29 15:51:16 EDT 2003

Shay,
Yes I did the upgrade.  The error message lists a dependency for
vmlinux2.20-20.9.  The files I have are vmlinux2.20-20.8 and
vmlinux2.20-20.9.at.rh9.at (I'm quoting from memory since last night around
11pm so the name may not be exactly right).  I'm assuming it is a file
naming conflict but not sure.  I get the message attempting to install the
ivtv driver for the capture card at this step:

Install the ivtv driver:

# apt-get install ivtv-kmdl-$KERNEL ivtv
(Note: those are back-ticks, not single quotes)

Thanks for the reply.

Randy