[mythtv-users] Installation problems

Randy simpsonr at negia.net
Mon Sep 29 13:27:45 EDT 2003

I'm slowly working my way through Jarod's worklist to install myth with a
PVR250 card.  I think I have followed the instructions closely but I keep
getting a dependency error when trying to install the ivtv driver.  I think
the source of the problem is the step to install the modified kernel.  The
kernel installs OK and boots fine but it has an unusual name inding with
.rh9.at.  My install kernel ended with 20.8 and the error message indicates
the ivtv is dependent on a kernel module ending in 20.9.

I'm pretty sure it is my bad by not understanding the syntax of the apt-get
statement that installs the kernel and source.  The statement I used was:

===========
Install his latest kernel and kernel-source packages (as of this writing),
like so:

# apt-get install kernel#2.4.20-20_29.rh9.at
kernel-source#2.4.20-20_29.rh9.at
===========

I tried this twice with a fresh install each time and got the same message
both times.  I am also having trouble installing tha alsa driver but I can
live with that for now as my default sound driver seems to be working at the
moment.

Randy M. Simpson
Athens Computer Training, Inc.
186 Ben Burton Circle