[mythtv-users] DVB - mpeg2 recording possible?

Hyronimus insertspamhere at gmx.de
Mon Sep 29 17:14:17 EDT 2003

Hi,

I just got a DVB(-S)-Card and im currently experimenting with varios PVR
software under linux. MythTV rocks imho, but as far as I understood,
recordings are always stored in the nuppel-video-format, no matter if they're
from an analogue TV-card or from DVB. Since DVB outputs directly a high
quality mpeg2-stream, I think it might be better for DVB-only-use to record
in mpeg2. Is this already possible or planned? DVB-users: Are you satisfied
with the transcoded recordings?

Stefan