[mythtv-users] can't record a full movie...

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Mon Sep 29 07:14:09 EDT 2003

At 08:51 PM 9/28/2003 -0700, and wrote:
>I'm still having this problem.
>30 -60 min shows records fine, but movies often gets truncated at around 1
>hour and 20 minutes...I have no idea why so any suggestion would be very
>welcome.

I recall your earlier messages about this problem. You don't say here
whether they clarified anything for you. So let me ask a few clarifying
questions.

1. What is the EXACT size of the truncated file?

2. What is the output of "df -T"?

3. What version of Linux are you using?
         A. What distro?
         B. What version of the distro?
         C. What version of the kernel ("uname -a")?

4. Are you able to read and write a non-Myth file that is larger than the
size at which recording fails?

This really sounds more like a system-level problem than a Myth problem,
but at this point, I don't have a specific guess as to its location ...
mostly because you have not ever said (as I and others asked before) if the
size limit really is 2 GB exactly, a more significant number than "around 1
hour and 20 minutes".

>Nothing seems to freeze as I can view the file in mythtv playback and the
>mythweb access is still up..... and there is nothing in the
>mythbackend.log or messages.
>
>rgds
>anders
>On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 07:39 AM, and wrote:
[old stuff deleted]