[mythtv-users] audio deleted after recording is finished

Mark Covington markcov at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Sep 29 00:29:09 EDT 2003

Currently running CVS, most current as of the timestamp on this email.
This happened on the same day that I upgraded about a week or two's
worth of CVS updates and started playing with transcoding at the same
time....so that's a lot of variables unfortunately.

Currently I can:
 - watch Live TV
 - watch old recordings
 - watch new recordings while they are in progress
Cannot
 - watch new recordings as soon as they are finished recording.

My default profile is not set to transcode, I only played with
transcoding by pressing 'X' within the recording (after I updated to
current CVS).  After it was done it had no sound, so I figured I messed
up something in the transcoding profiles.  But then nothing had sound
after that.

Solutions attempted:
 - installed the 0.11 release, no help, returned back to current CVS.
 - checked mixer settings (didn't think it was this anyway)
 - turned off auto commercial skip
 - set the backend to display all verbose, nothing other than the usual
"strange error flushing buffer" stuff.
My soundcard (onboard CMI8738 on a Shuttle SS40G) doesn't seem to like
playing anything but 32kHz stuff, so it could be that the files are
somehow getting marked as another bit rate.

any ideas on stuff to check?

--
Mark Covington
markcov at alumni.rice.edu

My PGP key : EC135CE1 on search.keyserver.net
http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~markcov/markcov.pgp