[mythtv-users] Re: blank screen

Vince Busam vince at busam.com
Sun Sep 28 18:14:02 EDT 2003

>hi
>
>when I start mythtv I only get a blank screen and cannot quit the
>application on the regular way. I have to kill it.
<snip>

I've noticed that if Myth's backend can't open /dev/video0 then mythtv hangs
with a blank screen and I also have to kill it.

In my usage, I have changed users and have run the backend under a different
user than the frontend.  I've ended up with permission problem on /dev/dsp*,
/dev/video*, and my video recordings when I've done this.

So I now have a user, "mythtv", which is the only user I use for running myth
modules.

Vince