[mythtv-users] Synching time to Directv reciever

Dave de Leon Manaloto dave_manaloto at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 28 16:34:38 EDT 2003

I was missing the ends of shows, and discovered my system clock was almost 2
mins slower then the directv osd.  So, I modified the controller script to
grab the time and update the system time.  I also have the script available
at http://www.practicecode.com/RCA.txt just run it with "--sync-time".  I'm
testing this on a RCA reciever, so ymmv.

Dave

====

sub dss_sync_time {
   printf("Synching time to IRD\n") if ($verbose);
   dss_set_time(dss_get_time());
}

sub dss_get_time {
    printf("Getting time\n") if ($verbose);
    @ret = dss_command("0x11");
    return @ret;
}

sub dss_set_time {
    @inTime = @_;
    return if($#inTime != 6);
    $strTime = "$inTime[1]/$inTime[2] $inTime[3]:$inTime[4]:$inTime[5]";
    print("Setting system time to $strTime\n") if ($verbose);
    $cmd = "date -s \"$strTime\"";
}