[mythtv-users] Compile error

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Sep 28 19:15:18 EDT 2003

On Sunday 28 September 2003 06:00 pm, Murph Crusher wrote:
> This is the tip I needed. Now I can compile the application.
>
> I read the README like I always do. Normally I have no problems compiling
> things. But I had no experiences with qmake, so I didn't know how to handle
> it. and there was no hint about it in the readme. And as I thought it had
> nothing to do with qt!

Um, it had everything to do with qt.  qmake is part of qt.

The README doesn't contain _any_ build instructions, as it points you to the
documentation on the website or in the docs/ subdir:

"
See the mythtv-HOWTO.html or mythtv-HOWTO.txt file in the docs/ subdirectory
or on http://www.mythtv.org/docs/ for in-depth instructions on installing and
compiling mythtv and all of the pre-requisites.  It has instructions for
various linux distributions.
"

If you had bothered to read the 'Manually compiling MythTV' section (at
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html#ss5.4 ) you'd have seen the
'qmake mythtv.pro' is a required step.

So, hm.  Let's blame the docs for not having the information you needed some
more.

Isaam