[mythtv-users] OSS -vs- ALSA sound

bstoneaz bstoneaz at cox.net
Sat Sep 27 13:11:07 EDT 2003

this is one reason to go with OSS over ALSA.
the sblive alsamixer settings are really really confusing

I was having unexplained audio pops with my old Live card with RH9, and
after spending too many calories on tweaking and upgrading ALSA, I tried OSS
and it fixed my popping problems, so it was a win-win for me.