[mythtv-users] general recommendation? also a question

Cooper Bethea cooper.bethea at duke.edu
Sat Sep 27 13:00:24 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 10:54, jose rubio wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 21:31, Cooper Bethea wrote:
> > also: we've got digital cable at our house, a pioneer bdv-1100 box which
> > boasts s-video and digital audio outs. has anyone had success capturing
> > from these sources (i assume it would save an analog->digital
> > generation)? also, is anyone using ir or the serial/usb ports on the
> > receiver to control it, a la tivo? if it seems possible (especially the
> > serial/usb control option) i'd perhaps be willing to try to implement a
> > solution.
> >

> Can't help you here.  my stupid box does not have serial so I have to
> blast it which is a pain.

ah, thanks! now i have found the "ir blaster" section in the howto. can
you or someone else with a bd-v1100 talk some more about how exactly you
blast your box? i downloaded the lirc driver repository but i don't see
anything that corresponds to my box under the pioneer/ directory.
(perhaps this would better be asked of the lirc list?)

also, re: serial signal send, has anyone had luck getting a service
manual from pioneer on any given descrambler box (again, this might be
better asked of the lirc list)? it's not listed on their website or
anywhere else i can find, and i can't call their order line until
monday.